Monday, February 12, 2007

iLimb

So, for a few weeks my iPod has been out of commission. I've been trying not to, but I've been missing it. I don't really use it that much. I connect it to my car for my drives to and from work (unless a Sabres' game is on during my commute home), and occasionally listen to it at work, though I'm not sure how likely that will be now that I'm working in clinical with Mark and Mike. When I worked at the C Divert with James, there was this unspoken agreement that he would listen to whatever he wanted to before lunch, and I would listen to my stuff after lunch (though to be fair, I was discreet in my choices for music so as not to offend him). Working with these older guys though, I'm not sure how cool they would be with my choice in music. But they leave at 5, so when I get my device back, I'll have a couple of hours to myself to have whatever I want on.

I want to chalk up the feeling of loss I have to the fact that music is a big part of my life, and just pretend that it's the music I can't live without. That's what I really crave, the music I no longer have with me. I've made some CDs to cope in the meantime, but there always seems to be something I want to listen to that I don't have with me. Of course, I can't help but wonder whether what I truly miss is the connection to this electronic device that I always have with me. It's similar to when I forget my cell phone some days, or even when I have it with me but the battery is low (and I correspondingly feel drained and tired).

Imagine if my iPod were wireless. Then I'd really be jones'n.

No comments: